We were in the States for a mere two weeks. But that was long enough for Dexter to get a taste of winter (even though we never did experience snow), to have a baby shower, to eat good foods hard to find in Kenya, and to relax. It was also, apparently, enough time to buy everything in America as we returned to Kenya with seven bags.
While it's true that I stocked up on chocolate chips and Christmas celebration supplies, the real culprit was actually the Kijabe Dental clinic. We were packed and ready to go when two boxes of 30+ pounds arrived with dental supplies. It is hard to be too upset about this since the equipment is not found here and is hugely beneficial to the work they do. Still - in the future I may be a bit more careful about what I agree to! I could have brought more chocolate chips.
So, we said goodbye to Essex and the beautiful morning light...
... and hello to a vastly different garden!
In the short time we were away it already looks so much better. I am excited to see everything really take root and flourish. If I can manage to water the garden on the days when Daniel, the gardener, is not here, I'll be pleased! I'm especially excited to have a rosemary bush right outside our door. I'm trying to avoid using it all up before it really settles into its new home.
Otherwise, things are back to normal here in Kijabe. We're still slowly settling into the house. We will be hosting Dexter's family and some friends for Christmas -- roasted goat, of course -- which is helping us to get the house in order more quickly. I'll get photos up soon.








No comments:
Post a Comment