Being home has been great! Kyalo is the center of attention (maybe I could have stayed in Kenya?), and we've been busy. My mom borrowed a bunch of baby things from neighbors and friends to help keep the little man occupied. By far his favorite is the Johnny Jump up which enables him to bounce around and take little steps.
Observe:
{happiness}
The best thing about this is that he's quite content in it for 20-30 minutes sometimes! I'd get one for Kenya, except that I don't think any of our doorways have the molding to hang it from. Maybe that could be a home improvement project.
The other great thing about being home is all the new arms to hold the babe. Here he is with Jacquie, a former co-worker of my mom's. He seems especially sweet to me when he sleeps. And that's not just because he's quiet!
I love the one in the middle. Jacquie's mom is Ghanaian and her dad American. In these pictures I think Kyalo looks like he could be her son. :)
But of course, the most important person we came to see is Grandma!
It has been a happy reunion.
Today Kyalo went to his first Sox game. Priorities. More on that later. And next week, we head to California to meet the cousins. This is a short, but jam-packed trip. At four months, Kyalo is already a little world-traveler. Not bad for someone whose name means journey!




3 comments:
I really miss the two of you, I am glad he is enjoying himself out there. Wish I was there.
Papa
really? you would even question the superiority of schiphol to heathrow? i mean, come on!
p.s. could grandma even be any happier?
i can stare at your sons pics for a real long time- he is SO cute.. wish for him that Papa could be there too.. soon:)
Post a Comment