Thursday seemed like a big milestone, one that couldn't go unmarked and uncelebrated. My mom gave me a very fancy cupcake cookbook a few years ago, and I've always been intimidated by it. I took a look through it and found a recipe that: a) looked manageable enough, b) I had all the ingredients on hand, and c) it looked like something Dexter would like. The Trifecta!
They are a simple butter cream batter, dipped in melted chocolate and then dipped in shredded coconut. They taste something like a Bounty/Mounds bar. Y U M.
I had wanted to write "congratulations" on them, but did you know it has 15 letters? I had 11 cupcakes to work with (one broke, and I *had* to eat it; poor me) so I needed to get a little creative.
I had fun making this recipe, thinking about how much Dexter would like it. He doesn't love a lot of chocolate (I can't understand), so I thought this recipe would be just right for him. I think he had four the first night, so I'd say I did pretty well!
{happy}
(Don't worry, Kyalo didn't have any).
And now I have an urge to play Scrabble. Who's with me?




3 comments:
I'm with you on the scrabble! I miss our word twist games - mary kate
looks delicious . . . so fun to 'see' you for a second yesterday! YAY Dexter!
oh, those look so good. and i'm game for anything that starts with "yay."
also...can i move in with you? and you can bake me cookies? i'll change diapers. in general, i think i have my gag reflex under control...
Post a Comment