First up was Tim & Ellen's black lab Ananda. She seems bigger than he is, so I was worried he'd be really freaked out...at first he was a little timid to get too close, but she always made him giggle. By the time we returned on the following Friday, he was totally comfortable with her, and even took her for a walk with Ellen.
perhaps the future is now?
Then we had Rico who is a Toy Poodle (I think?) a small dog belonging to Jimmy and Angela. Rico was actually a little jealous of all the attention Kyalo was getting and behaving just like a toddler, himself. Hilarious. Kyalo learned to give him treats and to shake his paw.
And lastly, there was Moose, Matt and Erica's bulldog. I was very worried how he would feel about Moose, but he was totally enamored. He loved getting close, petting Moose and even giving him kisses.
a boy and 'his' dog
love
Kyalo calls Moose, "Ah Boose" and for several days the ONLY thing he would say would be, "Mom? Mom? Ah Boose?" I mean...in the middle of the night, as he fell asleep, first thing when waking up, and all the time between. Serious affection. Thankfully, that's tapered off a bit now, but still, we'll hear about "Ah Boose" or "Ah Nana" from time to time. I think 'Rico' was just too hard for him to say.
So, what kind of dog would you recommend we get this boy, when (IF) the time is right?







1 comment:
We grew up with golden retrievers and to my mind they are the PERFECT dogs: gentle (for the most part), loyal, fun, and your love and approval mean more to them than just about anything...caught up in some golden memories...sigh...did I say they are the PERFECT dogs?
So fun that Kyalo got to experience them!
Post a Comment