Thursday, September 27, 2012

fire chief in the house

I may have mentioned a few times that Kyalo likes to be outside.

No?

Well, you're in luck, because here I am to do it again!

Being outside is obviously a great thing...fresh air, expending energy, exploring, etc etc.  There's one problem.  Kyalo doesn't understand that a rainy day means spending the day at home in your sweats with a good book.  We had a day of rain last week and he was still clamoring at the door to go out. So, out we went. I finally had to drag him in when it basically became a down pour, and he looked like this:

Since he was soaked and basically covered in mud, into the bath he went.  And I was quickly searching for rain gear online (read: boots, jacket, pants), since a little rain isn't going to slow him down.   Winter is not too far away. . .but I think I'm mostly ready for that.

Then this weekend my parents were in town and stopped by a cute consignment shop in cute Montclair, where my mom scooped up this cute rain coat for $8.00


No, it wasn't raining this particular day, but we had to try it out.  Obviously!


 the chief and his assistant checking the neighborhood. . .


 . . .and the hydrant!




I feel safer knowing there's a fire chief right near by.  

And now we're ready for Halloween, too!

Win-win all around.

No comments: